Saturday, December 13, 2008

Quirks

Rules:
1) Tell six of your quirks

2) Tag your friends.

1) Well, Sarah, I had to laugh when I read your post about Making the Bed. TJ's funny nickname for me at that all important getting ready for bed moment is "Bed Nazi." I do the exact same thing, making the bed, straightening the sheets and fluffing the pillows before I get under the covers. I even have to have the right pillows. TJ doesn't pay attention to the pillows and will sleep with any of them. Unfortunately, this means that occasionally the pillow is unceremoniously yanked from under his head. And yes, TJ does complain about the cold draft when I shake out the blankets.

2) I organize the clothes in my closet by type and then by color. Shirts all next to each other and separated by color (shades of blue, white, red, purple, etc), then short skirts, then long skirts, then dresses. Conversely, my underthings are just tossed in baskets on the shelf, although they are separated. . .socks in one basket, bras in another, etc.

3) I don't like flipping through channels. My radio station pretty much never moves. It used to move all the time, but when I finally find a station I like then I tend to keep it there. I also don't like watching more than one show at a time on television. However I am pretty obsessed about holding the remote control for the television. TJ is pretty mellow about it, fortunately. So, Netflix works pretty well for us, no commercials, no channel flipping, pause on demand.

4) Knives . . . . MUST HAVE SHARP KNIFE . . . yes, I have probably driven people crazy trying to get the right knife sharp. A good chef's knife with a great edge is one of my favorite kitchen tools. Right after that is a good paring knife.

5) I worry too much. Maybe my middle name should be Chicken Little instead of Irene.

6) I tend to sit in the same general place in any room, given the option. I prefer the left side of the room, so I am looking to the right when facing the front. I also like to sit about 3 rows back from the front. A boring and weird quirk, but I realized just now that I do this. In all my classes for the last several years and also in church meetings, I sit in the same general place.

I don't have anyone to tag that hasn't already been tagged. I guess I need to get to know some of the sisters out here and see if any of them blog for future tags.

1 comment:

Dean and Ida said...

I have some of these quirks too, i totally agree with you on having a sharp knife. You can get by without a lot of tools in the kitchen, but a dull knife is untolerable!! ;-)