Monday, August 18, 2008

harvest work starts

Well, I planted three kinds of peppers this spring and they all seem to be growing pretty well. Except for perhaps the Bell pepper for some reason.

My mom called and let me know that the sweet banana peppers are covered with nice yellow peppers that are ready to pick. I want to use them in a pickled vegetable mix with carrots, cauliflower and maybe some yellow beans.

The Corno Di Toro pepper that I have growing here is also doing very well. I have about 7 or 8 peppers, all still green but looking good and about 6 inches long. When they start turning red I will try and stuff them. Usually I use red or yellow bell peppers, but these are supposed to be good for stuffing as well. TJ likes my stuffed peppers and so do I. Now I just need to convince David. :-)

As for the rest of the garden, well, sometimes we have misses. I think I will have plenty of green beans or yellow wax beans and perhaps some tomatoes, but the corn looks like it will be a bust.

1 comment:

Dean and Ida said...

looks like your garden is about as succesful as mine... i am hoping for tomatoes and z squash.