Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Salsa

I finally did something with all of my tomatoes. I made Salsa. I got 11 pints altogether and it tastes great. A little bit hot with lots of flavor, not just heat.
Anyway, it was fun to make even though I forgot to wear some gloves when I cut up the peppers. My thumbs and pointer fingers stung for two days. Some picks later probably.

We finally had a sprinkle of snow out here. Not that we were excited about it, but the weather is turning.

TJ and I went to the child birth class this last weekend. It was interesting watching TJ react to things. I think he will be great. It wasn't so much a Lamaze type class as it was an information class. They showed different videos with 4 different birth experiences. Natural, a little meds, a planned epidural, then an unplanned C-section. It was kind of interesting, but you could kind of see the path that some births might take because of interventions.

We are planning to have a water birth at the hospital. Because of my age and some of the little things going on, I am considered to have a high risk pregnancy. Also, I don't know who I would have deliver from around here if I tried to have a home birth. So, I am not quite comfortable trying to do it at home.

No comments: